Posted by Alex Barillas on November 11, 2008
This week, Diversity Best Practices, the preeminent organization for diversity thought leaders, will host its 15th annual Diversity and Inclusion Leadership Summit & Gala.
Six corporations and two law firms will be recognized as the winners of the prestigious 2008 Diversity Best Practices CEO Diversity Leadership Award. This accolade pays tribute to champions of corporate diversity for their exemplary leadership and for innovative and positive responses to demographic shifts in the global workforce and marketplace.
The 2008 CEO Diversity Leadership Award recipients are:
- AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah, Paula F. Downey, President
- Campbell Soup Company, Douglas R. Conant, President & CEO
- Deere & Company, Robert W. Lane, Chairman & CEO
- The Procter & Gamble Company, A.G. Lafley, Chairman & CEO
- Prudential Financial, John R. Strangfeld, Chairman & CEO
- Siemens PLM Software, Tony Affuso, Chairman & CEO; Siemens Energy and Automation, Dennis Sadlowski, President & CEO, and Siemens Power Generation, Inc., Randy Zwirn, President & CEO
Law Firm Category:
- Andrews Kurth LLP, Robert V. Jewell, Managing Partner
- Carlton Fields P.A., Gary L. Sasso, President & CEO
Diversity Best Practices will also present the Diversity Officer Leadership Award (DOLA), honoring individuals who innovate, inspire, and work above and across corporate borders to strengthen and grow the entire diversity sector. The honorees are acknowledged for providing extraordinary support to implement outstanding diversity and inclusion programs from the top.
The 2008 DOLA Award recipients are:
- AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah, Marie Andel, Senior Vice President, People & Performance
- Campbell Soup Company, Nancy Reardon, Senior Vice President, Chief Human Resources and Communications Officer
- Deere & Company, Deborah Taylor, Director, Global Diversity and Inclusion
- The Procter & Gamble Company, Maxine Brown-Davis, Vice President of Global Diversity and General Manager for Organization Performance
- Prudential Financial, Emilio Egea, Chief Diversity Officer
- Siemens Corporation, Joseph Santana, Senior Director, Diversity
Law Firm Category:
- Andrews Kurth LLP, Elizabeth Campbell, Partner and Chief Diversity Officer
- Carlton Fields, Nancy J. Faggianelli, Board Member and Co-Chair Diversity Committee
- Carlton Fields, Jason M. Murray, Shareholder and Co-Chair Diversity Committee
“We are excited to gather the country’s foremost diversity and inclusion role models under one roof,” said Gwen Crider, executive director of Diversity Best Practices. “The Diversity and Inclusion Leadership Summit is an important opportunity for industry leaders to exchange business practices which will help create a world economy where everyone is valued.”
To see more about Diversity Best Practices, click here.